[Rack] ops machine

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Oct 27 08:19:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
> I installed a little atom board named ops to act as a console server
> for the soekris devices.  The idea is that if we have a repeat of
> whatever happened to r00ter, the screen sessions on ops will keep a
> log of whatever the kernel spits out before it dies.

Dr. J -- this is *really* awesome. I saw the hardware tonight, and
it's a pretty cool board. Low power and tons of RS-232.

Rather than GNU screen sessions, what would you think of me setting up
conserver (http://www.conserver.com/)?

> See the recent changes page on the wiki to see the details.  If you
> can't figure out how to log into it, come find me or jof to get the
> usual passwords.

If you're crafty enough to be administering the routers, you should
probably be able to figure out the password that's set on there right
now :)

Cheers,
jof