[Rack] Noisebridge.{com,org,net} domain

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Sep 7 20:54:57 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 09:22 AM, Dr. Jesus wrote:
> Were there any plans to transfer this to Noisebridge's control?  I'm
> doing a project which requires interfacing with ARIN, and they're
> pointing out that the contact information for our domain is probably
> in violation of ICANN's requirements for the registrar:
>
>   3.7.7.2 A Registered Name Holder's willful provision of inaccurate or
>   unreliable information, its willful failure promptly to update information
>   provided to Registrar, or its failure to respond for over fifteen calendar
>   days to inquiries by Registrar concerning the accuracy of contact
>   details associated with the Registered Name Holder's registration
>   shall constitute a material breach of the Registered Name
>   Holder-registrar contract and be a basis for cancellation of the
>   Registered Name registration.
>
> I know Jake has good reasons to want to protect his privacy at the
> moment, so perhaps it would be best if the domain was handed over to
> Noisebridge?  We don't have any requirement to keep our address
> private.

Hi Dr. J,

What seems to be the problem with my address on the Noisebridge domain?

This address is where I've been receiving mail for nearly four years.
It's a valid address in Vienna, Austria for the monochrom office. I
don't check it too frequently but

Another way correspondence to that address would be this longer form:

Jacob Appelbaum
c/o monochrom
Quartier 21/Museumsquartier
Museumsplatz 1
A-1070 Vienna
Austria/Europe"

Perhaps I should change the address to the longer form?

I've also been thinking of changing the address to my Canary Island
mailing station - were you expecting some mail that I should ensure is
forwarded to you?

If I change the address, I imagine we can expect some lost packets -
it's good to give me a heads up if you think I should be expecting some
mail.

Feel free to let your contacts at ARIN talk directly with me - the email
and phone numbers are much faster methods of communicating with me
directly. Those have also been valid for many years and they're still
valid today.

All the best,
Jake