[Rack] Noisebridge.{com,org,net} domain

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Sep 7 22:51:55 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 02:38 PM, Dr. Jesus wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

>>> I'm doing an amateur radio project which requires doing some replumbing of 44/8.
>>
>> Neat!
>>
>> What does that have to do with Noisebridge and its domain records?
>
> The RIRs want to know who they're giving address space to, especially
> when the requesting organization isn't paying the commercial rates for
> it.  ARIN doesn't know how to check if monochrom is a non-profit, for
> example, since they don't know anything about laws in the EU.

Noisebridge is a non-profit but the domain is not owned by Noisebridge.
It is owned by me and will probably always be owned by me. In any case,
.com and .org aren't relevant to this discussion.

If you're having issues with that and it's causing you problems related
to my mailing address, I suggest you buy a domain.

You can always donate your domain to the corporation and make your
project registered to an address relevant to your project.

What's the issue with that?

All the best,
Jake