[Rack] Switches

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Apr 4 01:56:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 6:27 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    if their command sets are not too old,
> they're useful for teaching, and there's
> been some interest expressed in learning
> the cisco command set.
>    if nothing else, let the linux system
> administration study group have one or two
> to play with.

I'd be happy to help teach a class on the basics of Cisco IOS. I've
used it extensively at work and am pretty comfortable on the platform.

However, there are slight variations in the commands and
configurations that work on a platform. Cisco makes a very wide
variety of products, and the configuration is definitely not the same
on all of them.

That said, there are definitely some basic things that would be good
to know and can help you explore other platforms.

What days are you guys meeting?

Cheers,
jof