[Rack] Switches

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Apr 4 07:49:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
> god love you, jof.
> we meet on tuesday and friday afternoons,
> nominally from 3 to 6 PM.
> a headsup before you show might help focus
> and maybe bring a few other interested persons.

Sounds good. I could probably make either evening, provided enough
time ahead of time to schedule and plan it.

I have Dynamips setup on my laptop, so I can virtualize MIPS-based
Cisco routers like the popular 7206VXR, but not really any switching
platforms.

Do you have an idea what area of interest there is in Cisco gear?
Switching? Routing? Both?

Perhaps if we wait until Bruce can bring this equipment by, we could
use that for some switching practice, and if there are no routers in
that donation, I can use Dynamips to virtualize a router.

Bruce, any idea offhand what equipment models you plan to donate?

Cheers,
jof