[Rack] doorport - do you know how the door opener works?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Dec 6 21:37:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Danny O'Brien <danny at spesh.com> wrote:

> So one of the issues Zephyr and I have been talking about (in a slightly
> different context), is having a publicly documented, stable(ish) REST API
> for stuff at Noisebridge.
>
> I don't think this really impinges much on this low level stuff, but it
> might make sense to have a higher-level interface that doesn't depend so
> much on an individual implementation.
>
> I'll stick it on the socialengineering agenda and hack on it tonight.

I think this would be really awesome, and a fun way to bridge the real and
virtual worlds.

As for the gate opening... I think if we had some sort of very basic
authentication for opening the gate, it'd be enough. I was envisioning this
as being a "internal" service so that script kiddies and IRC trolls aren't
buzzing open our gate at all hours of the day.

I don't think the work I'm doing or have done precludes having an API that
can interact with this simple API as well. Let me know if there's any
integration work that I can assist with.

Cheers,
jof