[Rack] an API for Noisebridge (for America)

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Tue Dec 13 03:25:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> Danny,
>
> This is *really* awesome. Nice work.
>
> I converted my little parallel port daemon into a proper project and gave
> it a name and a proper Makefile: https://github.com/jof/gateman
>
> I've set up minotaur with a user called "gateman" that's in the "lp" group
> (to talk to the parallel port). Right now, the daemon is manually started.
> I hope to make this into a proper Debian package at some point with an init
> script and all that jazz.

oho nice

I wrote an upstart script that keeps the old daemon up in the event of a
reboot. Foolishly, I put it in our existing mercurial repository for gate
related stuff at pony.noise:/var/hg/gate/tools/hardware

I'll back that out now, and push you a change on github. You might want to
consider keeping it in the /var/hg/gate mercurial repository anyway. The
README now points the curious to your github repository.

> I also crafted a method to poll the state of the ringer and submitted a
> pull request on you: https://github.com/dannyob/noise-api/pull/1

Danke!