[Rack] [Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Github Account

Zephyr Pellerin zephyr.pellerin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:36:21 UTC 2011

"Hmm. I have very mixed feelings about this, although my opinion is
observational at best as I don't contribute to any Noisebridge repositories.

Some things to keep in mind though: there's currently a very complicated
argument going on about digital ownership, especially in the United States.
What happens if github decides to suspend access to the Noisebridge
account, or they hand over access IP addresses to the government and don't
tell anyone?

I don't really care about the mini-control war between hg and git, except
to point out that there are solutions that can be locally hosted."

I was thinking about this myself, we lose nothing if github goes down, but
it wouldn't be good. The only other major source code hosting that use git
that I'm familiar with are in China, which has approximately 0 chance of
being more acceptable than github at noisebridge.