[Rack] AP on the building behind us

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Wed Feb 16 03:58:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> Andy Isaacson wrote, On 20110215 170131:
>> I think they may have changed our config at some point to make us "the
>> same as their other customers" or something like that.
>>
>> They are asking us to pay them since our freebie year is up ... see the
>
> Yes, I remember that thread which ended with the question of if they can
> get us the fuck off of NAT and give us an actual public address. Has any
> of that discussion with them happened yet?

I talked to Alex and he says he's willing to set us up with a public
static address at no additional charge to the current quote.

We're not going to get our money's worth until whatever's slowing down
TCP gets fixed, though.  He says we should be getting 8-10mbit
symmetric, but nc | pv says we don't get anything close to that.