[Rack] noisebridge.com and .org not resolving anymore

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Feb 27 06:45:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:21:20PM -0800, Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 06:59:10PM -0800, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> > 20110226-185703 rubin110 at corrode:~$ curl -v noisebridge.com
> > * getaddrinfo(3) failed for noisebridge.com:80
>
> I don't think noisebridge.com or noisebridge.org have ever resolved.
> Should they?

... which is to say, I was around when we registered .com and .org, and
AFAIK it was just to prevent domain squatters from grabbing them; and I
help run the DNS servers, and I don't see any signs of any configuration
having ever been done.

I suppose we could make them mirrors of .net, or use them for whatever
else.  We did specifically consider which TLD to use and decided to use
noisebridge.net as our primary domain.

-andy