[Rack] noisebridge.com and .org not resolving anymore

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Feb 27 16:08:48 UTC 2011

Would there be any negative impact from setting up a 301 back to https://www.noisebridge.net, you know, other then you having to do more work which requires finding coffee?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net

Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:21:20PM -0800, Andy Isaacson wrote: > On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 06:59:10PM -0800, Rubin Abdi wrote: > > 20110226-185703 rubin110 at corrode:~$ curl -v noisebridge.com > > * getaddrinfo(3) failed for noisebridge.com:80 > > I don't think noisebridge.com or noisebridge.org have ever resolved. > Should they? ... which is to say, I was around when we registered .com and .org, and AFAIK it was just to prevent domain squatters from grabbing them; and I help run the DNS servers, and I don't see any signs of any configuration having ever been done. I suppose we could make them mirrors of .net, or use them for whatever else. We did specifically consider which TLD to use and decided to use noisebridge.net as our primary domain. -andy