[Rack] so... what is pony for?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Jan 6 01:10:53 UTC 2011

Patrick Keys wrote, On 20110106 014338:
> I was thinking of just setting up some web-based projects to play around
> with and also a sort of "Noisebridge labs" of web-based things that
> Noisebridge might could use, like the diaspora node, phpbb, etc.

Please don't run anymore machines at Noisebridge, we're not a server
farm, electricity isn't free, and we totally don't have the bandwidth to
host web apps in the space.

Poke Noisecloud...

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisecloud

Or do what I did, just host it yourself. The blog is running off of a
Dreamhost shared server totally works and doesn't hurt what we already
have setup.

If you'd like an account on Pony to for whatever, please follow the
directions on its wikipage. Pony is there for folks to fuck around with,
a general sandbox machine, much like the rest of the space.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net