[Rack] I wrote a thing to help make removing the wikispam easier

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Sun Jul 3 22:39:38 UTC 2011

https://github.com/dannyob/secretaribot/blob/master/death_to_wikispammers.py

You need admin status on the wiki, and to manhandle the most amazing
ball-of-mud code I've ever seen in my life at
http://pywikipediabot.sourceforge.net/

But I think what we really need is that captcha code. This extension
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit would let us pick which
captcha, and also restrict it just to account creation, which i think is all
we need FOR NOW BWAHAHAH. We can port Adafruit's resistor captcha later.

Anyone want to give me access to the wiki server, and watch me fuck it up?
Or just install this themselves?

d.

Installation

The ConfirmEdit extension requires MediaWiki 1.11.0 or higher and PHP5 (but
revisions on SVN before 21970 are PHP4-compatible).

   - Download the latest
version<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ExtensionDistributor/ConfirmEdit>and
save it to your computer
   - Create a folder in the extensions folder named ConfirmEdit
   - Move the files to the extensions/ConfirmEdit/ folder
   - Edit LocalSettings.php in the root of your MediaWiki installation, and
   add the following line *near the bottom*:

 require_once( "$IP/extensions/ConfirmEdit/ConfirmEdit.php" );

 *Note:* ConfirmEdit may not work if used with a MediaWiki version different
from the one specified when downloading via the "Extension distributor".