[Rack] captcha

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 00:39:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:07:05PM -0700, miloh wrote:
> > Is it time to implement an effective captcha-like step for wiki
> registration
> > at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/ ?
> > Current bots are registering with linkspam in user:spambot pages.
>
> Yeah, I saw that.  :(  Thanks for all the antispam work you put in!

Yesac put time into it also.

I just want to note this since I know him from Noisebridge and gave him
access on Pony.

> I really like the resistor captcha for commenting on adafruit.com, but
> of course it's
> 1. only accessible with a very modern browser
> 2. inaccessible to visually impared users

that's the kind of problem I was hinting at.  It's easy to limit access in a
way that loses the potential of the wiki.

I don't want to advocate for more limits to wiki access.  Maybe alternative
kaptchas could work.  Any single one could be solved.

-rma