[Rack] Rack

jim jim at well.com
Tue Mar 1 16:16:37 UTC 2011

    i put a lot of work to build the storage
closet so it would hold stuff. please consider
putting the new rack in a different place. if
it must go there, please consider how to
minimize destruction to existing storage and
be sure to budget time in to build alternate
storage for whatever must be moved out.

    i haven't looked at the details of the big
new rack. can anyone describe the electrical
requirements? i can run a new dedicated circuit
to it.
    if the mounting screw holes are in the rack
itself, they're most likely 12-24, which is
probably not available in hardware stores.
there are places that sell 12-24 mounting screws
along with other rack and rack mount equipment.
    check to see if the rack is designed to take
cage nuts instead. if so, the most common cage
nuts are 12-24 and 10-32, again available from
rack equipment sellers. (susan the rack has
10-32 screwholes in it.)
    i have not found a retail rack seller that
compares to those that are internet-available.