[Rack] Log rotation on Cernio servers

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Tue Mar 29 01:59:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 05:29:01PM -0700, Dr. Jesus wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm not sure what servers you're talking about; there are a bunch of
>> > distinct machines and VMs at cernio with various levels of connection to
>> > Noisebridge.  Care to clarify?
>>
>> Is there a list of these machines?
>
> Why would we need centralized administrative overhead?  The list will
> just get out of date.  So no, AFAIK there isn't a list of machines
> associated with noisebridge.
>
> The only Noisebridge-associated machine at Cernio I'm aware of is the
> VPS that hosts DNS, mailman, and the wiki at 209.237.247.66.  AFAIK it
> has some default logrotate configuration and uses rm, not shred.

How can I see the contents of /etc/logrotate.conf and /etc/logrotate.d/*?

I'm unclear on whether it's just one machine or not.  Earlier you said
"there are a bunch of
distinct machines and VMs at cernio with various levels of connection to
Noisebridge."  When you say but the VPS is the only one that's
"noisebridge-associated," do you mean it's the only one with a
noisebridge.net reverse DNS entry, the only one dedicated to
Noisebridge use, or something else?

> Is there any particular reason for your query?  Is this another case of
> you investigating an allegation of supposed malfeasance associated with
> Noisebridge?

I need to know how long logs of HTTP and SMTP clients will persist, that's all.