[Rack] Rack

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Mar 1 08:36:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Dr. Jesus <j at hug.gs> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who lugged the rack in.
>
> Here's the deal: it has 2x 12 socket NEMA 5-15R PDUs which terminate
> in NEMA 5-15P connectors.  The PDUs seem to be voltage independent,
> but the breakers are rated for 15 amps.  It has a standard 19" width
> and the usual relay rack taps on all four posts.
>
> We seem to have a shortage of rack screws; I'll look around to see if
> I have any.  I probably don't have enough.
>
> The rack doesn't fit in the space occupied by the current rack.  It's
> possible to make space, but then we're going to have to find somewhere
> to put all the fluorescent bulbs hanging out in the server closet.
>
> There's a big hole in the top and bottom, so no forced air cooling
> unless we want to manufacture some plates and fans.

This is a pretty awesome-looking rack.

I'm happy to purchase some rack screws if anyone knows the right type of screw.

I'm also happy to help out if we want to plan a big rack moving day
where we move the WiFi service to a temporary AP somewhere else, rip
everything out of that closet and build it all up again.
It's probably a whole days worth of work to do it all correctly.

The only thing I'm concerned about moving is the patch panel. It's
only labeled on the front, so cables should be kept attached to this,
or numbered, re-fed, and re-terminated.

Cheers,
jof