[Rack] possibility of tenants in the new rack

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sun Mar 6 06:21:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Bruce Wolfe <brucewolfe.sf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! This is Bruce. I donated the rack. A few things:
> 1. There is fiber running through your neighborhood to Valencia Gardens. The
> Internet Archive provides the bandwidth. Also IA (and Vint Cerf offered at
> one time) will provide you with free bandwidth if you can get a fiber
> connection down to 200 Paul Data Center. I could try to broker a deal with
> the city, too. It's their bundle.

There's a SFMTA conduit in front of our building already.  Do you know
of a way to get some kind of discount on the DTIS schedule for
installing a new splitter vault and doing a run into 2169?  Do we have
to use one of their 3550s?

I don't understand how we can take advantage of the POP at Valencia Gardens.

> 2. How much are you thinking of charging for colo?
> 3. I'll be bringing the Cisco routers in this week. I can bring in those
> NetApp SANs but it sounded like you're concerned about energy costs. I'll
> take some pics or I can bring someone over to check it out. Your choice.

Please bring the NetApps in; I can add them to the Noisecloud nearline
spindle pool.