[Rack] Rack space elsewhere in 2169

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Wed Mar 9 00:11:41 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Bruce Wolfe <brucewolfe.sf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Who are you talking to at SF DT (aka DTIS). I have specific internal access
> to the fiber unit staff and have been working with them on various locations
> around the city. As I mentioned before, the question is who will be
> providing the bandwidth. Currently, for locations like Valencia Gardens, the
> Internet Archive is providing free bandwidth as fast as they want.  I can
> also contact my friend who recently retired COO and co-founder of United
> Layer. He has been one of the other consultants on the city fiber net.

Can you get me the current FY rate schedule from their fibre group?

Basically, I'm just looking at the minimum requirements to extend the
SFMTA conduit into 2169 to avoid spending money.  We don't need people
from the city to do most of the work since we have plenty of competent
civil networking talent available here.  We do need them to actually
install the splice in one of the fibres and we probably need them to
install the street vault, but other than that we can take care of the
rest.  Can you please talk to your guys at the city and see what the
conduit extension quote looks like given that we would take care of
most of the labor?  Thanks.

I'm also not clear on whether they need to manage a Cat downstairs as
a condition of our building being on the network.

As far as getting bandwidth, I already know people at all the
organizations you mentioned but if you want to broker the deal and the
MoU that's fine too.