[Rack] Talk:Identity is a magnet for spam

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Mar 9 19:49:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 11:41:37AM -0800, Casey Callendrello wrote:
> Wiki page Talk:Identity has seen more than 50 revisions, the vast
> majority of which are spam or reverts. In fact, the page hasn't seen
> content since 2007, and doesn't have anything really meaningful except
> for historic value.  Can we edit-lock it?

I've set it to partial protect, "Block new and unregistered users".  So
you have to log into an account that's been around for a few days to
edit the page.

Note that spammers do create accounts and let them age before using
them; and I suspect whatever wikispambot keeps hitting Talk:Identity
will just pick another page.  But it's an interesting experiment
nonetheless.

-andy