[Rack] Gigabit switch installed

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Thu Mar 10 03:10:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:36 PM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> If you email a MAC to go into dhcpd.conf on r00ter, I can take care of
>>> that for you.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> jof
>>>

>> Okay can you check the settings for r00ter?  Not sure if it's r00ter
>> or stallion, but I'm having problems getting past the boot stage.
>>
>> I get the WinXP bootscreen but there's two errors at the top of the screen:
>>
>> 1) WARNING: gPXE is no longer supported; please upgrade to iPXE
>> (http://ipxe.org), and
>> 2) ERROR: [acer_mac] not found message
>>

> Update for the acer laptop (laser laptop) and netboot:
>
> I still get the "ERROR: 00:c0:9f:b8:3f:74 not found" when netbooting
> the local xp image, the system cycles on win startup screen until it
> times out and send the machine back to boot.
>
> Also, netboot doesn't default to use boot.kernel.org on this machine,
> it hangs at DHCP...

That's normal.  iscsi booting requires using a different bootloader,
so I told the DHCP server to use the iscsi bootloader for the acer
machine's MAC address.  You can probably chainload the gpxe.pxe loader
to get the BKO menu using the chain command, maybe.

I'm still troubleshooting some problems with the network drivers not
though.  It might take a few days.