[Rack] Network down - no wireless, ethernet only

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Mar 31 23:43:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
>>> Which switch are you wiring into? I would check that switch2.noise is
>>> up and running -- that's where all the APs connect to.
>>>
>>> Seeing if I can see what's up from remote...
>>
>> I can't reach anything over the Sonic.net circuit, so I can't login
>> from remote (AFAIK, we're still NATed via Monkeybrains).
>>
>> Maybe check that the DSL modem is running ok?
>
> I take that back -- maybe pings are blocked? I don't remember this
> being the case.

I think switch3.noise is down (a small 8-port Cisco one). Though I can
still reach pony -- maybe Pony's interfaces moved?

At any rate, here's the diagram:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Network#Network_Diagram

See if that switch is still up. If it's really dead, we'll have to
configure and cable up a new one.

Cheers,
jof