[Rack] Monkeybrains link: using and billing

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed May 4 07:50:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>    we've got two regular vanilla links out, one through
> sonic.net and the other through monkeybrains?
>    seems good if we have some way to route traffic
> through either or both, kind of load-balanced style.
> do we have such a control?

Right now, we only really ever use them in an active/passive type of pattern.

As far as I know, there's no good way to split state creation across
multiple WAN links, as you can only have one default route at a time
in the kernel routing table.

This is possible with some netfilter hacks on Linux. Personally, I
rather like having OpenBSD on the soekris as a router, but if we
really want to utilize both WAN links at once, I think we ought to
consider running a small linux installation instead.

Thoughts?