[Rack] Building some new electronics to open the gate?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:56:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> miloh wrote, On 2011-11-13 13:13:
> > The hardware isn't broken.
> >
> > Your software is broken.  I just tested it at noisebridge.  Did you read
> > the thread on it?
> > https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/rack/2011-November/001095.html
> >
> > using the sshpass utility with -fnq doesn't work, perhaps the utility
> > doesn't work the same way it did after the system upgrades.
>
> I SSHed into the WYSE box and tested the command directly from there and
> it wasn't working.

again, it works fine through bacngate.  You may not hear the audio from the
WYSE since it has a puny piezo speaker.
--> just because it doesn't work for *you* doesn't mean it is *broken*
.
 I test by triggering the script (opengate, bacngate from pony, or the
open-gate script on the touch panel control system itself ) while standing
at the top the stairs and listening for the electric strike buzzing that
indicates the gate is unlocked.  If the strike is running quietly (as it
wears out it tends to operate silently), I have someone listen at the door
downstairs and report the function.

this is the way I tested it to get it running.

-rma