[Rack] Building some new electronics to open the gate?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon Nov 14 05:18:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Michael Shields <shields at msrl.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:
> > Gah. Why is there both string.h and strings.h?
>
> System V vs. BSD.

Ah... makes sense. Well, I got this little daemon (which now daemonizes)
into a workable state. I can poll the state of the ringer as well as open
the door, though Netcat is injecting all kinds of junk into my UDP packets
(packets with just an "X" in them). socat seems to work fine. Weird.

Next, I'll take a look at the scripts that are on pony and see about
porting them to talk UDP.

I guess the next thing will be to make a daemon to play music to signal the
gate being opened.

--j