[Rack] Failover to Sonic.net

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sun Nov 20 05:56:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> I'd be happy to set this up but I know nothing of the current system,
> how it's setup, and am sure I'll write the most shittiest bash script to
> deal with monitoring and doing the switch over. So I'd be happy to help
> with someone more knowledgeable in this department. :)

Someone who wants to hack on Vyatta should take this on. I already had a
decently functional setup with the OpenBSD box (r00ter) and ifstated, and
I'd much rather work with that than Vyatta.

This is probably pretty easy to do with some scripts, but I'm not sure if
there's a Vyatta-blessed way to express path monitoring or route failover
within their configuration language.

Cheers,
jof