[Rack] DSL link congested

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Mon Nov 28 02:58:14 UTC 2011

Yes, that's because I moved the uplink from r00ter to bikeshed.

I now have WAN load balancing configured on bikeshed to auto-route traffic
on the two uplinks.  Right now I have a weight of 10 on the monkeybrains
link so most traffic should be there, but in case that link dies it will
automatically move all traffic to sonic.

The only issue is that dnsmask flakes out when the link changes.  I
haven't figured out why.  What I did was put dnsmasq on minotaur and
changed the DHCP dns server handout to minotaur.

More debugging todo, but things should get better eventually.

-ben