[Rack] outside access for Mode-S stuff on the roof

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Mon Oct 3 18:17:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Jonathan Lassoff <jof at thejof.com> wrote:

> They're not too bad right now, though it's unfortunate that pony is
> offline. That would be the best place for people to gateway through.

Yes, I had been getting through via pony before. Is there really no
way in right now?  Anything I can do to help with pony?

> In a pinch, I can totally setup some port forwarding for you. Is the
> IP that's on there static? I see it on the "Network" wiki page in the
> list of static stuff, so I would presume it was configured in that
> fashion.

Yes, it is configured static.  Depending on whether we can get
PlanePlotter to run reliably under wine on the geode, we may need to
temporarily stowaway another Atom box down in the rack room to do the
hard math-y bits of the project. But for now if you have a minute it'd
be great if you could forward tcp 30003 and udp 9742 to 172.30.0.52.
(I'll send you email separately with credentials to verify the default
route.)

Alternatively if that plan for setting up a big xen host happens, a
tiny vm on there would work fine too, instead of the silly extra Atom
box.

Thanks!
asf.