[Rack] New mailing list request: powerstation-discuss

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Oct 23 08:46:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 03:02:29AM -0700, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> Can you please rmlist "powerstation", and create "powerstation-discuss"?

Done.  (several hours ago).

> I'd also like to again request access to the 209.237.247.66 machine,
> so I can handle these requests on my own.  I understand the desire to
> keep the number of administrators small, but I can be vouched for as a
> sysadmin, and it's taking quite a while for these requests to go
> through.

I don't think that adding more admins to the existing VM, with the remit
of "do general admin stuff", is a good idea.  Multiple general admins ==
nobody does the housework because "somebody will get to it".  I've added
accounts for people who had specific needs that I couldn't satisfy in a
timely manner, but I still consider myself to be on the line as the
single responsible party.

If you'd like to take over 100% responsibility for any of the core
functionality on that VM by moving functionality to a different host, I
would consider doing that.  I'd want to see a credible commitment from
the new admins to
 - be at least as responsive as I have been over the last 3 years
 - have a believable security posture
 - be willing to commit to maintaining the service for a significant
   time period
 - live up to our individual privacy and individual liberty ideals
so it's not a trivial bar to pass, but I think it can be done.  Let me
know if you want to discuss it.

-andy