[Rack] Server Cabinets - 51U - FREE (financial district)

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Oct 28 01:54:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Carlton Sue <theabcasian at gmail.com> wrote:
> kk only reason I was looking at a separate box is I know elastix flavored Asterix way better but I guess that can be set up on a VM just fine.
The host that is running pony now (stallion) can easily host VMs via
libvert / virsh easily. So, if you really wanted a different OS, that
too could be arranged with the current hardware.

The asterisk installation on Pony is pretty generic and based heavily
on the base configuration included in the Debian packaging of the
software.

> guess I need to get a sudo account setup on SuperQ (if thats how it works… Ill read up on it on the wiki)

SuperQ is the nickname/handle for a person, not a host. If you're
interested in setting up a VM on stallion, you'll need sudo on there,
or if you can prepare a disk image, that's the easiest thing to drop
into place.

Cheers,
jof