[Rack] help with robust wifi equipment for open source conference

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Sat Oct 29 00:51:42 UTC 2011

Hey.  I know a number of people that do high density wifi work for IETF.

We generally deploy managed APs in lower power mode atleast every 50 feet
within a conference room.  This minimizes the number of client devices per
AP

+Jim who knows a ton about this stuff and might have some suggestions on
where to rent this kind of gear.

If this is on the SFSU campus, you should really work with them to find
out what their AP deployment is like and see if it's possible to create a
virtal wifi vlan within their gear.

-ben