[Rack] help with robust wifi equipment for open source conference

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Oct 29 23:43:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net> wrote:

> Hi Ben, Jonathan!
>
> we meanwhile found a company that will ship equipment and a guy being
> responsable and blamable :) if it is not working. From what I heard the
> SFSU IT did not feel up to the job.

Oh, so they'll run transit and the conference network? That would be
best, since hopefully they can really "own" the process and spend time
to work out the kinks.

Best of luck.

> Will drop by noisebridge some day. Are there also people hanging out
> apart from the announced events?

Absolutely -- it's a hackerspace after all. 2169 Mission Street is
practically open 24-hours a day, and although you need a key to get
in, if there are other people already there, they'll generally buzz
open the front gate for people to come in.
If you stop by, just push the buzzer button labeled "Noisebridge" on
the front gate.

Cheers,
jof