[Rack] outside access for Mode-S stuff on the roof

Adam Fritzler mid at zigamorph.net
Mon Oct 3 17:56:47 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

I'm finally getting off my ass and getting the Mode-S stuff on the
roof going: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Mode-S_Receiver

The ALIX (geode) board up there is currently running at 172.30.0.52 (I
added it to the wiki page a couple months ago). I'd like to be able to
access it remotely (ssh via either a gateway or directly), as well as
open up a couple of inbound ports for sharing data. How do I make that
happen? I understand things are a bit of a mess right now...

Also: the box we installed up there is pretty big, plenty of space if
anyone else has a project that needs short a feed line. Getting power
up there is the only problem. Currently I'm powering everything off a
passive "PoE" injector near the roof hatch, and running it up cat-5
(on the same cable as ethernet). (For the meter counters: shouldn't be
pulling any more than 4 or 5 watts up there.)

Thanks
asf.