[Rack] Monkeybrains

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Sep 30 02:08:24 UTC 2011

Rubin Abdi wrote, On 2011-09-29 13:22:
> * How much are we paying for Monkeybrains at the moment?

Miloh called them up and sent them an email. Kelly isn't around.

> * How much bandwidth if Monkeybrains giving us?

Direct speed test off of the PoE injector, 1.8mbit down, 6.4mbit up. :(

The antenna seems aligned. Our connection seems like a joke. I'm going
to check the link speed again tomorrow. After that we should start some
discussion on what we want to do with this link.

> * How much more can they give us and at what cost?

See above.

> * How much are we paying for Sonic?

About $100 for something around 10-13mbit down, 800-1000kbit up, 8 IP
address (that's $40 of the bill), phone line is free.

> * What's our bandwidth?

See above.

> * How much more would a bonded line put us at?

$50 more for an extra line to get bonded.

> * Other than Comcast, what other wired solutions do we have?

Sonic is going to get back to me with a quote on some other enterprise
level solutions. The guy said ball park $1000 for fiber.

> * What other wireless solutions do we have?

I'm trying to brew something good that might work. I think the real
question I should ask here is how much money do we want to spend for a
really fast connection?

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net