[Rack] Wall-O-Internet at Noisebridge

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Sep 12 07:31:40 UTC 2011

The area outside of Penisland has been cleaned up. Internet as far as
the wifi has been working fine, but the wired network throughout the
space kept on seeing issues today. Seems like we're pumping too much
power through that remote power switch thing as it kept on killing the
port with all the other managed switches through it. The strip dealing
with the switches is now plugged in where the APC used to be.

While poking around Ben K removed one of the switches being used to get
gig fiber to gig ethernet and pulled the power on it.

I also forgot to mention that the wired land line coming from the
basement for our DSL line is now one straight length going all the way
to the drop next to the DSL modem on the Wall-O-Tubes.

One of the four racks in the space has been liberated and freed.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net