[Rack] Another rouge AP

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Sep 14 03:18:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 07:40:06PM -0700, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> The DLink black AP was setup again. Ben said there was a guy who wanted
> encrypted wifi because he didn't want people hacking his laptop or
> something. Ben asked him to email rack but it sounds like he didn't do
> that. I've removed the AP again and left a very big note asking people
> to please email the rack list before installing anything in the closet.

FWIW, I think it's reasonable to ask people to email the list *after*
installing stuff, but insisting that hackers "clear it with The People
In Charge" is pretty bullshit.

For that matter, maybe the dude doesn't like email.  Provide another
contact method, at least (phone / IM); and give him a way to let you do
the work by offering to reach out to him if he makes it possible for you
to contact him.

-andy