[Rack] wiki/Network - updates

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Wed Sep 14 03:23:49 UTC 2011

The problem with switch2 is that it's a full 1U box that might not work so
well up on the wall itself.

I was actually thinking the opposite and putting all the vlans and moving
all the cabling down to the one switch.  I know the rack is easier to fuck
with than TWoT, but the switch should be less of an issue than the other
machines in the rack.  I plan to clean up the cabing mess over the next
week or so.  Mostly just replacing the cabling so we're color coded by
vlan and have cables of appropriate length.

Alternately Netgear has a 16port all-gige managed switch with no fans
that would be appropriate for mounting on TWoT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122403

-ben

  "UNIX is user-friendly, it's just picky about its friends."