[Rack] bunny (on the roof) wired into susan

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Apr 4 06:11:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:
> There were three 8p8p connectors in with one of the crimpers.  We used
> them all (after we decided that 50ft of slack was 45ft too much).

Whoa! That's a lot of slack. Bob Dobbs would be proud.

I think for wireless backhaul to Twin Peaks, we can easily get that
setup, especially if we can also setup some outdoor APs to share the
backhaul/transit with others.
I think there is even a Nanobridge that we can make use of.

Sadly, there are much closer, fiber-connected sites. MEDA is just down
at 19th and mission. Under 1kft away.
But, I don't think we can get line-of-sight to their building with our
taller neighbor to the South. It depends on how high our little mast
can reach.

--j