[Rack] [Noisebridge-discuss] Internet down.

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Aug 23 21:33:00 UTC 2012

> status.noisebridge.net is rather useless in my option
> when diagnosing problems from the inside.

The usual thing to do in that case is to run two instances of something
like Nagios:

- One that runs outside and checks connectivity to the outside edge

- One that runs inside and checks connectivity to the Internet

Big issue:

- The list of recipients needs to be carefully constructed

Is there an "internal" email server?  If so, that's where you should be
checking for errors on the "inside instance" ... things like Gmail or
whatnot can be used for the "outside" instance.

I got a notification last night around 20:34 that from-the-outside-in
was down; it recovered right around 23:00.

/jordan