[Rack] Noisebridge Domain Question

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Dec 6 15:12:56 UTC 2012

> If someone's hitting 443 they're simply sorely misinformed and are most
> likely educated enough to try knocking on 80 next.

Was this a colloquial form (i.e. "just referring to trying out port 80 next") or was this a reference to port knocking?

I've only been half listening to this conversation. But, if we have port knocking set up somewhere my ears are perked up (it's not really related to this conversation -- I just never set up port knocking before and if we had it I would see if we had a script that we hand out to open up the hidden port in question. I'd play with that just to experience it more (i.e. I don't necessarily need to consume whatever is served behind the secret port)).

I'm guessing its not the latter since we would normally have a multi set of closed ports for the "secret knock" combination. But, I thought I'd still ask.