[Rack] Noisebridge Domain Question

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Dec 7 03:13:30 UTC 2012

Andy Isaacson wrote, On 2012-12-06 10:19:
> If we provide a HTTP-only redirect at noisebridge.com then a MITM can
> intercept there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a MITM attack can happen regardless of what
that domain is doing, or not doing (like in its current state).

Secondly we're Noisebridge, all about people gaining easy access to
excellent things. I understand wanting to be a good role model with
running a properly secure server and a slew of domains, but stating that
we should not redirect other similar domains we own to information we're
freely giving due to some security concerns that someone might man in
the middle a free open wiki and list serve sounds about the same as
setting up security cameras at our front door in order to keep out the
unwanted people who still get in.

I wouldn't be saying all this if we were running a BitCoin bank service,
I would be saying something more to the extent of, "What the fuck are
you doing running a BitCoin site off of Noisebridge?! Jesus fuck pork
chop sandwiches! What kind crazy person are you?!"

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net