[Rack] DNS lease length

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Dec 5 00:29:34 UTC 2012

Are you talking about DHCP leases?

The only DNS service is an internal recursing resolver.

Certainly this can be done, however a balance must be struck such that the
pool is not exhausted by the new client rate, vs the lease time and pool
size.

However, if your client does a DHCPREQUEST for the same address before the
lease expires, you should be able to keep renewing the same lease for IP
indefinitely.
If you drop offline for longer than the lease time, then you may
potentially loose the address.

What's your use case? Could you get your client to renew?

Cheers,
jof