[Rack] how to open noisebridge door from computers

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Wed Feb 8 11:28:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:15 AM, miloh <froggytoad at gmail.com> wrote:

> I bet if you ssh into pony and try 'opengate' it will work.  This
> shows that all the hardware you installed is still functional. I had
> it tested last week and it worked then.
>
> the web access was broken some time around when the noisebridge api
> was introduced.
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/API

OH SUCH ACCUSATIONS

The API works fine, and is in fact what the opengate script now uses.

The webpage also works fine, but somebody put in the code that stops it
working after 9PM, in the belief that this would magically have people nod
wisely instead of going "oh i guess it's broken, I'll let in that
rascally-looking cosmologist now by hand".

I do believe there was some feeling that the dial-in hackerline pick a word
code is broken, which I can well believe. I have no influence on such a
thing, because while it was a cool hack, futzing around with your phone to
type in a random word was so cumbersome that I don't believe anyone ever
uses it.

d.