[Rack] how to open noisebridge door from computers

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Feb 10 23:35:00 UTC 2012

here's my post about the keypad hardware:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2012-February/028221.html

basically the keypads (one upstairs one downstairs) will talk to minotaur
through (separate) serial ports.  0123456789 # * can be sent from the
keypad, and codes sent to the keypad cause different beeps or lights to
flash.

so someone has to code a daemon that runs on minotaur to talk serial to
these keypads.  minotaur is also the machine that actually buzzes the
gate, through its USB parallel port.

and of course the same list of good (and bad) codes will be used for this
and for the pony.noise/gate browser interface.

-jake