[Rack] Request for subdomain and email

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jan 11 05:25:34 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:42:37PM -0800, gnnrok wrote:
>    I have been working with Miloh and Tony Letigre, to set up needed
> technology
> for the Noisebridge Zine.
>
>   Can we get a subdomain of zine.noisebridge.net and an email of
> zine at noisebridge.net

We can do DNS easy, but we don't have any off-the-shelf hosting.  What
IP address do you want to point zine at?

Also, how do you want to manage the zine@ address?  The easiest way is
to create a zine at lists.noisebridge.net Mailman list and set you up as
the listowner.  (But, that results in a public archive, which may not be
right for your requirements.)  We generally prefer not to make
individual aliases @noisebridge.net.

Another way, if you have a VPS for zine.noisebridge.net, is to run a MTA
there and have submit at zine.noisebridge.net or whatever.

-andy