[Rack] Creating a Frontend Web Development list

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jun 19 06:16:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 08:58:39PM -0700, Jeffrey Carl Faden wrote:
> "webdev" sounds like it's more than just frontend, though... actually,
> that's not a bad thing. Other related groups (like Rails) can use it
> too.
>
> I don't like using the term "HTML5" - it makes it seem as if I'm
> teaching a specific kind of web dev, when I'm not. "html" would be
> better, but I actually like "webdev," having thought about it.
>
> So "webdev" it is!

Sorry I didn't get to this this morning!

You should have mail with your new list-admin password, and the admin
URL.  If the URL takes you to a Mediawiki error page, it is missing a
critical /.

Here's a few things to do to get your new list up and running:

0. save your password somewhere secure.

1. add a few other list admins who can help you out with subscriber
requests, moderation, etc.

2. modify the "description" so that your list shows up nicely on
https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo

3. promote the list to the people who will want to use it!  Including a
list pointer at the top of your next -announce post will help a lot.

-andy