[Rack] robot IP address still not working

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Mon May 14 08:13:45 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> so how do i reimplement the hack if it stops working?  or are you still
> going to bring back the bsd router?

Assuming the rules don't change:

sudo iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING 1 -s 172.30.0.50 -i eth1 -j ISP_eth2

I also have a saved version of the running ruleset (with the hack in it) at
/home/vyatta/iptables_save. This can be restored by running "sudo
iptables-restore < /home/vyatta/iptables_save"

I'll leave this running for now. I like the OpenBSD box more, but it's a
decent amount of work (plus some downtime in the space) to switch it out.

Cheers,
jof