[Rack] robot IP address still not working

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu May 10 02:48:47 UTC 2012

It's the oddest thing with bikeshed...

I'm trying to do some DNAT for traffic coming inbound, and I can see the
traffic with I pcap the interface, but if I add a logging statement in
raw/PREROUTING matching on just the external destination IP and having it
LOG... it never logs from a remote source.

However, it works from another external IP in the same external LAN
(minotaur -> MC Hawking external IP).

The only thing I can think of as blocking this from getting from there to
there is ebtables filtering, but there's no ebtables binary available.
Maybe something else it setting stuff in there with it's own binary support
for the right netlink messages.

Any ideas?

--j