[Rack] www.noisebridge wedge, me and SuperQ restarted it

Ben Kochie ben at nerp.net
Tue Sep 11 18:13:33 UTC 2012

Mostly the system was in a swap use death spiral thanks to munin and
apache.  I purged munin and stopped apache.  That dropped the wap use from
1.9G to 0.2G.

I shutdown the instance and added a slice to it.  This bumped the ram from
1G to 2G.  That should help with traffic spikes in the future.

superq at m2:~$ free -m
Mem:          2003        850       1153          0         13        196
-/+ buffers/cache:        640       1363
Swap:         2047          0       2047

I'll keep an eye on memory use and see if there is any need to tune
apache to reduce the memory footprint.

We could also try swapping to apache2-mpm-itk instead of
apache2-mpm-prefork.  That should reduce the memory footprint and also let
us tweak the UIDs for the various vhosts.

http://mpm-itk.sesse.net/

-ben