[Rack] Network woes

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Fri Apr 5 03:25:43 UTC 2013

I'm here, just taking a first look at the switch.
The Cisco/Linksys SRW2048 is a cheap piece of shit, but it's also the
only port-heavy fan-out switch we have.

Ronin is online, and I get link to my laptop, but its switchport is down.
Curiously, exactly half of the ports refuse to bring up a link,
despite all being configured "on".

My Juniper only has 24 ports.

We should replace it. Pretty much any decent 48-port 10/100 (GigE
would be a nice-to-have) would do.
Any recommendations? Personally, I've mainly dealt with Cisco,
Brocade, Arista, and Juniper in the 1U rack switch product category.
All can be pretty expensive, new.

Are there any decent, highly-configurable 48-port Ethernet 1U switches?

Be back around 9 or so to meet up with Ben.
I'm headed to Sycamore to relax and eat.

Cheers,
jof